You are hereHome >
In our ballot statement to Phoenix voters, Arizona PIRG highlighted the following benefits of light rail:
· Light rail helps business executives and employees get to their jobs.
· Light rail helps senior citizens, individuals with disabilities and others that have challenges driving get around.
· Light rail helps families enjoy ball games and events in Phoenix.
· Light rail helps high school and college students get to class.
· Light rail helps connect family and friends.
· Light rail saves money for consumers. When the cost of operating and maintaining a vehicle is taken into account, it is less expensive to ride light rail than to drive.
· Light rail reduces air pollution increasing the likelihood that tourists will want to visit Phoenix and provide a boost to the economy. Additionally, poor air quality too often results in asthma attacks and other respiratory illnesses and negatively impacts the health of those of us that live and/or work in Phoenix.
Arizona PIRG is pleased that Phoenix citizens once again voted (4th time since 2000) to recognize light rail as a beneficial transportation and to keep light rail on track.
Your donation supports Arizona PIRG's work to stand up for consumers on the issues that matter, especially when powerful interests are blocking progress.